Attend an Event to Shape the Future of ‘Growing in Milton’
The Town of Milton invites residents and interested parties to attend engagement sessions on how and where future growth may shape the community through Milton’s new Official Plan.
Public engagement is at the heart of We Make Milton, the new Official Plan project that will manage growth and development in the community to the year 2051.
The Growing in Milton step of the project explores policy options regarding:
- Promoting a local approach to growth.
- Establishing Milton’s future land use structure.
- Managing growth within the settlement areas.
- Envisioning growth and promoting good practice.
- Promoting resource and environmental protection.
- Delivering infrastructure and community services.
Attend a Growing in Milton engagement session:
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 7 p.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 3 p.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10 a.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 7 p.m. Milton Town Hall. Milton Room. No pre-registration required.
Other ways to get involved:
The community can visit Let’s Talk Milton to engage in a variety of ways:
- Read the draft background and policy considerations reports.
- Complete the survey before September 29.
- Attend an information session online or in person.
- Share your thoughts on any Official Plan topic any time in the Feedback Forum.
A report with policy recommendations is expected to go to Milton Council for approval in November.
In 2021, Milton Council endorsed a modern, forward-looking land-use vision for the new Official Plan that reflects our diverse, young and innovative community: ‘Milton 2051: Choice Shapes Us. In 2051, Milton offers a diversity of options for how and where we live, work, move and grow. As we evolve, choice is what shapes us.’